We, ACE Holdings Berhad (“the Company”) have recently been made aware of certain false allegations and defamatory statements made against the Company by an Instagram user by the name of “ellybillionaire” which account belongs to one Norhaili Binti Ahmad Mokhtar and in view of aforesaid, we wish to highlight to the public as follows: -
1. The Company is an investment holding company in Malaysia and is a well-established business entity with valid licenses and approvals and the Company and its subsidiaries (“the Group”) is not any way involved in any illegal fund-raising activities.
2. The current fund-raising activities are legitimately carried out by the Company based on the Private Placement Memorandum dated 8 September 2015 and 5 January 2018 which has been deposited with the Securities Commission of Malaysia (“SC”).
3. We maintain a strong relationship with all our shareholders and we have never been in default of any payment terms or obligations under the respective Private Placement Memorandum.
4. It is unfortunate that there have been disconcerting actions carried out by the said Norhaili to misinform the public with the intention to defame and tarnish the reputation of the Company and the Group.
5. We regret to note that our Company’s and the Group’s good name and business reputation has been unnecessarily sullied by such unwarranted and accusatory information and statements made against the Company.
6. We take this matter seriously and we are in the midst of working closely with the relevant authorities including but not limited to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) and the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) as well as our panel lawyers to take legal action against Norhaili for the false, misleading and defamatory statements made against the Company and/or the Group.
7. In light of the foregoing, we urge the public not to spread false and misleading information against the Company and/or the Group and any enquiries by the public may be communicated directly to us.
8. We will not hesitate to exercise all our rights under the law to bring a claim against any third party who spread, circulate or distribute any false, misleading and/or defamatory information and statements in relation to the Company and/or the Group in whatsoever forms and howsoever manner.
Date: 5 April 2019
THE MANAGEMENT OF
ACE HOLDINGS BERHAD