Strength in diversity is the core of our foundation.
Since 1992, ACE Group was founded based on the philosophy of harnessing the power of diversity. The companies have a combined share capital of over RM1 billion, as well as investments in multiple publicly-listed companies throughout Malaysia.
Our presence also extends around the globe, spanning across various high-potential sectors, allowing the diversity of our businesses to obtain insights from related industries and giving us the upper hand in developing our investment portfolio.
From banking and finance, capital management, property development, IT, media and technology, to film and documentary productions – our focus on building long-term relationships, combined with carefully crafted, created and curated products, services and solutions, makes ACE Group living proof that diversity truly is strength.
OUR VISION: PIONEERING INCLUSIVE WELL-BEING
We strive to provide the under-serviced global masses with innovative, high quality products and services. We’re about enriching the lives of people at all levels of society by addressing and fulfilling their financial, physical, economic, social and spiritual well-being. Essentially, we serve the needs of the many, with ideas, creations, solutions, strategies and bold new paradigms harnessed from our diversity of people and perspectives.
OUR MISSION: EXTRACTING VALUE FROM DIVERSITY
With diversity at our core, we aim to maximise its multi-faceted potential by:
- Establishing an effective organisational structure to harness the full capabilities of all assets and resources within the Group and deliver exceptional quality products and services.
- Researching and integrating the latest technological advances into all our products and services, and consistently delivering enhanced value to our customers and members.
- Using the most reliable and thoroughly tested systems and processes for all our business lines to achieve superior operational efficiency.
- Providing unparalleled service to every ACE Group stakeholder.
- Conducting our businesses ethically, and with the utmost integrity.
- Contributing to the country’s economic growth, creating job opportunities, and being actively involved developing the local community.
ACE Group believes in operating with fairness, transparency, accountability and responsibility, and we have incorporated this into the framework of our operations. This allows us to earn and retain the trust of stakeholders while ensuring the execution of duties by relevant parties is in compliance with laws and regulations.
We believe our governance responsibilities are integral to our long-term sustainability and part of our identity. Thus, ensuring that we thrive not just by doing well, also by doing good.
ACE Group strives to be a socially responsible group, focusing primarily on people, our greatest assets. Whether it’s customers, employees or the community at large, we are committed to communicating effectively in order to create mutually-beneficial relationships.
Our responsibilities extend far beyond the business realm. We are involved with various governmental improvement projects for Malaysian communities, and have also initiated our own to ensure we are able to reach a wide spectrum of the populace. We maintain open lines of communication with community leaders, the local government and non-governmental organisations in order to facilitate on-going two-way dialogues that will lead to better quality of life for the people in the years to come.
The Investment Committee is established to ensure both the Group’s resources and endowments received are efficiently employed by reviewing and approving proposed transactions or proposed investments within the Group’s Risk Management framework. The Investment Committee is the primary authority on developing the corporation’s investment objectives and corporate policies on investing and shall make recommendations to the Group’s Board of Directors (“Board”).
THE INVESTMENT COMMITTEE SHALL:
- Develop and update existing investment policies,
- Plan responses to potential macroeconomic or financial market events,
- Revisiting the Group’s purpose and aligning that purpose with the right investment approach,
- Where necessary, assessment of external investment advisory/OCIO resources.
AND MEETS ON A MONTHLY BASIS TO:
- Study, review, and recommend to the Board any new proposed transactions or investments.
- Monitor, review and recommend to the Board actions to be taken on existing transactions or investments.
- Assessment of endowment the Group’s internal investment management resources
The Investment Committee comprises of ten members who have experience in overseeing investment management functions with the current incumbent being: