YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Ting Chew Peh graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Malaya in 1970 and obtained a Master of Science Degree from the University of London in 1972. He also holds a Doctorate in Philosophy, which he obtained from the University of Warwick in 1976. YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Ting is a member of the Malaysian Institute of Directors.
YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Ting Chew Peh is currently the:
- Advisor of ACE Group
- Advisor of Good Morning Global Sdn Bhd
- Advisor of TCC Construction Sdn Bhd
- Chairman of Hua Yang Berhad
- Chairman of Classic Paradigm Sdn Bhd
- Director of Puncak Niaga Holdings Berhad
- Director of Johan Holdings Berhad
- Director of Sycal Ventures Berhad
- Director of UTAR Education Foundation
- Director of Trans Elite Group Sdn Bhd
YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Ting started his career as a lecturer in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia from 1974 to 1980 and was subsequently an Associate Professor at the Faculty until 1987. Between 1979 to 1986, YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Ting published two books entitled “Konsep Asas Sosiologi” and “Hubungan Ras dan Etnik”.
In 1987, YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Ting ventured into politics with his election as a Member of Parliament for the Gopeng constituency, which he held until the 2008 general elections. He previously served the nation is various capacity as follows:
- Member of Parliament, Gopeng, 1987-2008
- Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Health, 1988-1989
- Deputy Minister, Prime Minister's Department, 1989-1990
- Minister of Housing and Local Government, 1990-1999
- Chairman of Port Klang Authority, 2000-2004
- Chairman of Huaren Education Foundation, 2010-2014
In recognition for his service to the nation, YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Ting was awarded the following DPMP (Perak) in 1992, DPMS (Selangor) 1996, SPMP (Perak) 2001 and PSM 2003.